Why Adult Day Care?
Adult day care provides social, recreational and health care programs in a group setting, along with the following benefits:
- Helps cognitively and physically impaired adults maintain or improve their level of functioning. The goal is for them to remain in a community setting, enjoying their sense of dignity and self-worth.
- Offers opportunities for socialization and peer support.
- Offers nursing and social services in a stimulating environment.
- Promotes improvement in mental and physical health.
- Provides assistance to families and/or caregivers who have an adult who cannot be left alone during the day, yet does not need 24 hour care in a nursing home.
- Helps functionally impaired individuals who live alone and need support services to improve or maintain their level of independence.
- Prevents social isolation and the mental deterioration that often accompanies it.
- Physically and cognitively impaired
- Socially isolated
- Persons needing assistance with personal care
- Persons needing assistance to function independently in the community, but not needing 24-hour supervised
Consider Using Adult Day Care
- A safe, secure environment
- Social activities
- Assistance with eating, walking, toileting, medications
- Physical, speech, occupational or group therapies
- Monitoring weight, blood pressure, food/liquid intake
- Nutritious meals, snacks or special diet
- Personal care such as bathing, shampooing, shaving, etc.
- Mental stimulation